Several years ago I stopped making batches of Christmas cookies. Some were pretty. Some were messy. All were sweet. Then I discovered the simple recipe below (also pictured above). The first year I made these easy fridge cookies they outscored other holiday cookies. Our children begged for their own roll. Now my grandchildren line up for their fair share.
Holiday Fridge Cookies
- One 8-ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- 15-20 Digestive Biscuits
- ½-3/4 bag mini marshmallows
- 15 glaze cherries cut in halves or quarters
- Optional: ½ cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- Fine coconut
- Crush biscuits into crumbs. Add marshmallows and cherries.
- Stir enough of the condensed milk to make mixture sticky.
- Form into 2 or 3 balls.
- Roll out into sausage shapes on a coconut covered surface.
- After “sausage” is covered with coconut, wrap with wax paper and place in the refrigerator for an hour or more. You can even put the roll in the freezer.
- Take out of the fridge and cut into slices.
Is that stress relieving or what? Just add a bow!
By the way, there is also nothing better than watching Classic Christmas Movies while you’re eating your favorite holiday cookies.
Please check out these related posts:
Patricia Morgan MA CCC
Helping her readers, clients, and audiences lighten their load, brighten their outlook, and strengthen their resilience.
woe to WOW