THE “You’re stronger than you think” SERIES
These popular workshops/breakouts are between 45 minutes to 3 hours and can be customized to meet your group’s needs.
Massive Change Requires Boosted Resilience
Less time. Fewer resources. Little money. In tough times, it is crucial to have the tools to cope, lead and succeed. Discover you have the strength to persist through massive challenges. Be ready to step up, become self-aware and take charge of the change ahead. Walk away with the tools to hang in for the long haul.
- Describe what resilience means to you.
- Build on the resilience of those who have coped with significant adversity.
- Identify your top 3 strengths.
- Be given 5 or more strategies to boost your resilience.
“Patricia showed us that after we have done the very best we can in a stressful situation, we should cease to worry about what we cannot change. And she showed us how to bounce back from life’s trials with humor and resilience.”
Ron Sheppard, Director, Parkland Regional Library
Woe to WOW: Solutions for Resilience at Work & Home
You’re stronger than you think. . . and you’re already strong! Resilience is the ability to stay steady in the face of challenge or bounce back and effectively adapt to problems such as disturbing change, loss, crisis, and the poor behavior of others. In this upbeat and practical how-to session you will learn key ways to “strengthen your stress hardiness and walk away with a strategy to better cope and succeed.
- Take and score The Resilience Quiz.
- Discover how to increase your Internal Locus of Control.
- Identify a problem or adversity you face at work and/or home.
- Explore and assess options from the deck of 42 Woe to WOW Resilient Strengthening Strategy Cards.
- Create a personal strategy that is the best fit for your situation.
“I learned to take responsibly for creating my headaches and will use 30-second quickies. Patricia allowed me to re-examine myself and value my purpose.”
Sandra Baxer, Jacobs Canada Inc.
Help Build Resilience: Tools to Help Boost Those You Lead
Are you in a leadership position at work, in the community, or as a helping professional? If so, you can boost others’ abilities to stay steady or bounce back from discouragement, error or adversity. Discover the 7 essentials of empowering others through positive role modeling, encouraging strengths, effective coaching and much more.
- Have a framework for understanding the concept of resilience.
- Become conscious of the influence you have on others by being a resilient role model.
- Be given the 5 most powerful skills of effective resiliency coaching.
- Leave with dozens of words and phrases to empower without rescuing.
“Really made me examine my habits and behaviors. Absolutely amazing, completely invigorating and affirming.”
Gill Allen, Developmental Disabilities Resource Centre
Pressure Proofing: How to Calm Down, Lighten Up, and Reduce Stress
In this upbeat and practical ‘how to’ session you will learn to minimize unnecessary stress. Discover how to better manage emotions, thought patterns and physical discomfort while increasing your fun factor.
- Assess your distress (Frantic, Frenzied or Simply Fried?).
- Understand the difference between natural stress and unnecessary stress.
- Learn how to limit and handle unnecessary stress.
- Try out five relaxing 30 Second Quickies.
- Transform distress into a smile.
“Just being in the same room as Patricia Morgan is a stress reliever.”
Kay Olsen, Coordinator, Women in Business
The 7 Essentials of Recognition: How to Encourage and Sustain the Best in Others
Do you want to instill hope, effort and motivation in others? Appropriate validation improves commitment, connection and satisfaction. Minimize criticism while increasing encouraging, insightful and empowering comments to become a resiliency builder.
- Transform negative comments into positive phrasing.
- Understand how to give meaningful and supportive feedback.
- Recognize your and others’ strengths.
- Practice attentive listening.
- Take away a list of 10+ validating statements.
“You have a fun and informative way of sharing and encouraging the value of appreciation in our lives as you’ll see from the following excerpts:
- I’ve never had so much fun learning at our meetings!
- I will listen more and smile more.
- I will find more ways to show random appreciation for volunteers and other staff.”
Cherie Tetz, Volunteer Program Manager, The Mustard Seed
The Lighter Side of Work: Discover the Joy Factor and Re-engage Your Team
Build a resilient work team. It is a myth that seriousness is a healthy standard for the workplace. Learn light-hearted strategies to improve appreciation, understanding and cooperation. You will:
- Practice 2 easy lighteners to improve relationships.
- Increase your ability to laugh at yourself and refocus on work.
- Take away 13 fun surprise ideas to enliven the workplace.
- See the humor in workplace distress—change, deadlines or dealing with grumpy people.
“This was an excellent way to learn and have fun at the same time.”
Janet Patriquin, Alberta Government
Maximize Personal Strengths: Self and Relationship Awareness
Working together productively doesn’t come naturally to everyone. Learn what motivates your behavior, how to minimize misunderstanding and conflict, and how your weaknesses are your strengths overdone.
The SDI® (Strength Deployment Inventory®) is the flagship assessment of a suite of tools based on Relationship Awareness — a learning model for effectively and accurately understanding the motive behind behavior. When people recognize the unique motivation of themselves and others, they greatly enhance their ability to communicate more effectively AND handle conflict more productively.
- Be given a profile of how your strengths can be used for improved performance.
- Become aware of your primary motivation and how it drives your behavior.
- Learn how to “borrow” strengths to boost your effectiveness.
- Have increased awareness and appreciation for your and others’ strengths.
“I will focus on my strengths and know that I can’t control others. Patricia kept the session fun.”
Diane Cadarette, Royal Ban
Merry Lovemaking: How to Enliven Long-Term Intimacy
Almost all long-term relationships go through a phase where complacent becomes the norm. Join us for a fun and provocative look at adding resiliency to your long term and intimate relationship. Note: Those in new relationships will pick up valuable tips.
- Better accept your body shape.
- Identify your sexy persona.
- Walk away knowing you are sexy!
Note: For women only. But there is a version for couples.
“Patricia primed our participants giggle reflex and had them laughing till their sides ached. She has the unique ability to entertain and educate women by providing valuable information.”
Helene Oseen, Founder, Ultimate Pajama Party
“Shocking that only 1% of Canadian women think they are beautiful. This was so fun and refreshing.”
Terri Camore, Calgary Real Estate Board
Please ask Patricia about her other presentations with tips to strengthen resilience for caregivers, helping professionals, support staff, families, women and other specific groups.
Contact Patricia to discuss helping your people move from woe to WOW. Call 403-242-7796 or email.